Calling all Autocross Enthusiasts!
BMWCCA Sunshine Bimmers / Space Coast PCA Team up!
Sunshine Bimmers has been hard at work finding ways to bring Autocross events to its members. We have finally been able to solidify collaboration with the Space Coast Porsche Club of America and the great people at The American Muscle Car Museum.
Last month our Social Chair Esteban was invited to participate in the last event of Space Coast PCA’s 2019 season. It was a great event and it demonstrated this will be a successful collaboration.
Please review the Rules and Safety details outlined in the PDF below:
See below a video and a couple pictures of the October event.
If you have participated in Autocross events previously and would like to participate in one of our upcoming events please send an email to email@example.com requesting to be added to the list of potential participants. Esteban will be coordinating the details and assembling a list of members interested in joining these events.
Heart of Dixie Chapter is reaching out to you to ask for your help again
I’m reaching out to you to ask for your help again. For whatever reason despite a few months of advertising, we still have 8 open seats for our upcoming PC day on March 16. Would you please help us by doing 2 things – 1) email your chapter members with the info and 2) put the details out on your social media channels? If you use Mailchimp, I will gladly share our PC template with you or export it to HTML.
The details are below from our MSR registration page as well as the link. Thanks again for the help!
The Heart of Dixie Chapter is headed to the BMW Performance Center in Greer, South Carolina on March 16, 2019 for our ///M Club Day driving event. As always, the Performance Center provides current model ///M cars, instructors, gas, tires, lunch and a first-class facility for a fun-filled day at the track. Just show up ready to drive!
The focus of this event is on improving your driving skills and having fun through a combination of driving exercises, classroom instruction and competitive events. No helmets or previous driving school experience is required. All skill levels are welcome and encouraged to attend.
This school is a special program designed by the Performance Center staff specifically for the Heart of Dixie chapter. It will be similar to previous ///M Club Day events, which have included instruction on proper driving position, vehicle dynamics, car-control skills, weight-transfer, oversteer/understeer and improved vision. The day is divided into morning and afternoon sessions which mix skill exercises and competitive events, including skid pad wet/dry courses, braking and handling practice, autocross and more.
We will be driving current model BMW ///M Cars for this event. Please note that the Performance Center staff continually makes changes to this program, so session contents and the ///M cars available may vary from one school to the next.
Our event hotel is the Greenville Marriott. The special BMW rate includes the breakfast buffet for up to two people plus Internet service. Register at:www.marriott.com/GSPAP and enter BMW as the Corporate code. The Marriott has a great lobby bar for getting together after the driving and dinner events. Remember, no food service is available for breakfast Saturday morning at the Performance Center.
All times are Eastern Daylight time.
Friday March 15, 2019
- Travel to Greer, SC
- Late Afternoon (TBD) – BMW Zentrum Museum Tour (optional)
- 6:00 PM EDT – Meet in Greenville Marriott to Depart for Dinner
- 6:30 PM EDT – Group Dinner @ Barley’s in Greenville
Saturday, March 16, 2019
- 7:30 AM EDT – Meet in the Lobby of the Greenville Marriott
- 7:45 AM EDT – Depart the Greenville Marriott
- 8:00 AM EDT – Check in at the Performance Center
- 8:15 AM EDT – Drive Day begins
- 5:00 PM EDT – Drive Day ends
The Fine Print. Please read carefully!!!
- All drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver’s license.
- The cost of $765.00 per day per driver and includes driving Performance Center ///M cars, tires, gas, instructors and lunch at the Performance Center.
- Travel expenses, meals and lodging costs are the responsibility of the attendees and not included in the $765.00 event registration fee.
- The Heart of Dixie event coordinators will accept applicants into the event through the MotorsportReg.com registration site.
- Each BMW CCA member can bring one or more non-member(s) under their membership/registration/payment.
- Successful registration does not constitute acceptance into this event. It places you in the registration queue and on the wait list.
- Acceptance into this event will be made on or about February 1, 2019 by the event coordinators.
- A BMW CCA member of any chapter is welcome to register to participate.
- Heart of Dixie chapter members have priority until January 19, 2019 after which registration will be accepted based on registration date.
- You do not have to own a BMW to attend this event. (However, be prepared to purchase one when you return home after the event.)
- NO CANCELLATIONS OR REFUNDS AFTER FEBRUARY 9, 2019.
Todd LattanziPresident | Heart of Dixie BMW CCA
E: firstname.lastname@example.orgM: 256.457.8367
Cars-n-Picnic Crescent City, Fl.
A local BMW CCA members will be hosting a Cars-n-Picnic open (meaning you don’t have to be a CCA member to attend) event in Crescent City, Fl. The event is Feb 24, 2019, and the event will be open to all BMW Models, including those with 2 wheels, with an emphasis on E36 and Older. So pull your garage queens out and come on down and meet others who enjoy the marque.
The location will be at a private airport so space is not an issue.|
There will be grills available for those wishing to cook out. However, there will be no food provided so it is a “eat what you bring” event.
There will be some beautiful vintage BMW vehicles and I highly recommend that everyone attend. Some of the host’s friends are pilots and may offer rides on their planes for a fee depending on the weather.
February 24, 2019, |
11:00 AM till ?
294 Timucuan Trail
Crescent City, FL 32112
Gate Code: 10021
Teutonic Tuesday at Grills Lakeside Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar Orlando
Join us for Dinner and Cocktails on Tuesday, February 26th, for Teutonic Tuesday at Grills Lakeside Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar
Grills Lakeside Seafood Deck & Tiki Bar
4301 N Orange Blossom Trail,
Orlando, FL 32804
Cocktails at 6:00 PM
Dinner at 7:00 PM
It is very important that if you would like to attend that you RSVP Robin so that they can make sure there is enough seating for everyone in the group.
EMAIL email@example.com by no later than Monday, February 25th, if you would like to attend.
Please mention the event to which you are responding this is extremely important to make sure there are enough accommodations for the event you would like to attend.
Follow Us On Social Media
2nd Annual Seaplane Splash & BMW Get Together Feb 24th
9th Annual Seaplane Splash-In and 2nd BMW & Seaplane Get Together Picnic
Sunday, February 24th. 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM EST.
Bowden’s Landing at Island Lake Private Seaplane Base
16761 Keene Road
Umatilla, FL 32784.
Food, Flying, Fun, 50/50 Raffle.
Food will be supplied by EAA Chapter 534.
This is a Free Event.
A Donation Box will be at the EAA Chapter 534 Table for the Food they will be supplying. The EAA will keep 100% of the proceeds that goes in that box.
Special Parking Area for BMW Club to display your car.
Contact Thomas Bowden 352-669-3752
email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.